Home Improvements > Windows
When you’re talking windows, you’re speaking our language!
Brand name replacement windows with expert installation
Fact #1: Legacy Remodeling is not a window manufacturer.
Fact #2: We’re larger than many of our competitors selling and installing replacement windows.
So why are these two facts so important? Simple. Legacy offers you customized window choices at the most competitive prices around!
Because we’re not tied to a single manufacturer, we’re able to find the best windows for your home at the best possible price. Because of our size, we can pass the factory direct volume discounts and cost savings from our manufacturers directly to you.
Makes your dollars go far with Energy Star
All of our windows carry the Energy Star designation*. When you see it, you’re really seeing the cash your family will save! The Department of Energy estimates the average American household spends $1500 – $2500 every year on energy bills, with 45% heading out the door (literally!) for heating and cooling costs. Legacy Remodeling installed Energy Star replacement windows will perform, seal, and beautify your home, while making your dollars go far!
* This designation comes from the National Fenestration Rating Council in conjunction with the US Department of Energy. To qualify for an Energy Star label, residential windows must be NFRC certified and pass a rigorous certification program.
- Restoration Windows
- Andersen Windows
- Pella Windows
- Simonton Windows
- Marvin Windows
- And more
Legacy Remodeling is proud to be the Pittsburgh area’s exclusive dealer for the top of the line Restorations windows. This is in addition to carrying well-known brands like Pella, Andersen, Simonton, and Marvin, among many others.
There are many different types of materials and glass that are used in the manufacturing of windows. Below are the five factors that affect a window’s performance:
- U-factor – This measures how well a window prevents heat from escaping. The lower the number, the better insulated the window will be.
- Solar heat gain coefficient – This measures how well a window blocks sunlight. The lower the number on the label, the less heat it will allow into your home.
- Visible transmittance – This measures how much light goes through a window. The higher the number, the more sunlight that will go into your home.
- Air leakage – This measures how much air escapes through a window. The lower the number, the more efficient a window will be.
- Condensation resistance – This measures the ability of a window to resist condensation on its interior. The higher the number, the less condensation your window will have.
The graphic below shows how Legacy’s Restorations windows perform compared to our competitors.
- Windows that exceed Energy Star’s performance guidelines
- Expert installation by factory-trained technicians
- Exclusive “Lifetime No Service Charge Warranty”
- American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association Certified Personnel on staff
- 27% more viewing area than other replacement windows
- Full frame window replacement available
- Ultra-U VSS Glass System is a 7/8″ overall dual glazed insulated glass unit featuring Ultra-U Plus glass, which consists of eight layers of high performance reflective metallic shields, the XLEdge spacer system, and an air space filled with high density argon gas.
- Ultra-U Plus12™ Glass System is a dual-glazed insulated glass unit featuring Ultra-U Plus12 glass, which consists of 12 layers of high performance reflective metal shields, the MAXEdge™ spacer system, and an air space filled with high density argon gas.
- UltraAr90™ Glass System is a triple glazed insulated glass unit made up of two panes of Ultra-U Plus™ glass, a third pane of sound absorbing glass and the XLEDGE spacer system. Both air spaces are then filled with Argon90™ gas.
- Ultra Kr90 Glass System is a 7/8″ overall triple glazed insulated glass unit made up of two panes of Ultra-U Plus glass, a third pane of sound absorbing glass and the XLEdge Spacer. Both air spaces are then enhanced with Krypton90 gas.
- SunClean Self-Cleaning Glass is a permanent titanium dioxide layer that is part of the outer glass surface. After installation, the Sun’s ultraviolet rays break down dirt and debris on the glass, which rain will then wash away. Best of all there’s no spotting or streaking, and it’s powered by nature.
- SunSmart Glass System is a 7/8″ overall triple-glazed insulated glass unit made up of one pane of Ultra-U Plus glass, one pane of SunClean Self-Cleaning glass, a third pane of sound absorbing glass and the XLEdge Spacer. Both air spaces are filled with high density argon gas.